Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Spoiler: Checks
    Show
    Diplomacy: [roll0]

General Check (don't know what modifiers): [roll1]

Eglantine looked up from where she had been polishing one of the clasps, the shrieks almost causing her to drop it. "Ynna! Go out the back and try to find Vindal! He should be at the workshop." She got her axe out and positioned herself between the valuables in the tent and the crowd. "Assassinations, elves, stampedes and Rowan... could this day get any worse?" She looked in the direction people were running from trying to identify the cause.

Spoiler: Spot
    Show
    [/roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Eglantine can't see anything from the crowd that rushes past her. Only when the bulk of the panicked mass has passed her can she see the source of their fear. On the street is a agitated creature that looks like an ugly misshapen hen. While it is larger than a normal chicken, it is still no larger than middle sized dog and the fear it has sparked seems disproportionate. However, when the woman who was selling sweets on the other side of the street tries to leave her tent, the creature lunges at her and pecks her with its sharp beak. The merchant's scream is cut off abruptly when she swiftly turns to stone. Other humanoid statues can be seen further down the street, likewise disturbingly lifelike.

Ynna cowers in the back of the tent. "I don't know if I can get out the back", she squeaks, "There's stuff stored on the back path again."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spoiler: Visual aid
    Show

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Stalls are separated with black lines, though the walls are usually just made of cloth. I named a few of the closest ones.
    N are people Eggy can currently see.
    S are stone statues.
    C is the weird chicken.

Orange squares mark the insides of a tent, they contain various items and furniture you'd expect in a market stall. Generally can't run inside.
    Grey square are roads, normal movement.
    Light orange squares have some stuff, like boxes in them. Walking through such a square costs x2 movement and you can't run through them.
    Brown squares are so full they are practically blocked. A Climb check is required to get through. (The paths behind and between the stalls are supposed to be kept open, but...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "It sounds like your entire family is under attack, not just you," Aerin comments. She doesn't volunteer anything further, waiting to hear what the young noble says.
    "So it seems...", Darian replies looking pale, "Endine, where's my father!"

"I don't know, young master, he left earlier and didn't say where", the older elf replies, "If you excuse me, I have to do a headcount of the servants. You would do best to go elsewhere for the time being. If I may be so bold to suggest, maybe go to the castle to inform the ministers. They should be told of the fire anyway, and it is safe there."
    Something inside the house breaks with a loud crack and a cloud of thick smoke pours to the street.
    Last edited by CWater; 2016-09-05 at 09:28 AM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart