Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
Jehoel bats the Cero aside. It detonates rather impressively in the air, but there's little actual substance to the explosion.

"It is, I'm afraid, an entirely valid comparison. Do you know what Las Noches does with Hollows we capture that haven't yet regained their minds? We simply imprison them. No education. No discussion. They're kept restrained in Sekkiseki-reinforced cells and fed using the foods that we have cultivated. It takes, on average, three weeks to break the mental connection between killing and staving off hunger. They're still Hollows, unequivocally, but the compulsive desire to kill is broken. From there, we educate them and channel lingering blood-lust into more productive areas. The process is actually far simpler than I would have expected."

Jehoel lands far away from Koutarou, the execution scaffold visible some ways in the distance.

"Do you know why I took us here? Other than the fact that it's open and empty."
"I am aware that my stance may seem entirely contradictory to you. Unfortunately, for now, it is what it is. I cannot cast aside entirely what makes us Shinigami, and a part of that is, in fact, the need to purify Hollows.

Those you imprison and change. Do you believe they would have done so of their own volition? How long would it have taken? What of the ones that have changed into Arrancar and still chose a path of violence and destruction?

The symbolism of this place is obvious. It is a place where an existence ceases to be - permanently. It is also our most drastic form of execution, to ensure someone's influence never enters the Cycle again. There is a great deal of difference between a Zanpakutou and the Soukyoku."

"Dear, believe me. As close as you might be to it, you are no dog. And you would do well to be thankful for it."