Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
Eglantine can't see anything from the crowd that rushes past her. Only when the bulk of the panicked mass has passed her can she see the source of their fear. On the street is a agitated creature that looks like an ugly misshapen hen. While it is larger than a normal chicken, it is still no larger than middle sized dog and the fear it has sparked seems disproportionate. However, when the woman who was selling sweets on the other side of the street tries to leave her tent, the creature lunges at her and pecks her with its sharp beak. The merchant's scream is cut off abruptly when she swiftly turns to stone. Other humanoid statues can be seen further down the street, likewise disturbingly lifelike.

Ynna cowers in the back of the tent. "I don't know if I can get out the back", she squeaks, "There's stuff stored on the back path again."

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Spoiler: Visual aid
Show

Spoiler: Map
Show
Stalls are separated with black lines, though the walls are usually just made of cloth. I named a few of the closest ones.
N are people Eggy can currently see.
S are stone statues.
C is the weird chicken.

Orange squares mark the insides of a tent, they contain various items and furniture you'd expect in a market stall. Generally can't run inside.
Grey square are roads, normal movement.
Light orange squares have some stuff, like boxes in them. Walking through such a square costs x2 movement and you can't run through them.
Brown squares are so full they are practically blocked. A Climb check is required to get through. (The paths behind and between the stalls are supposed to be kept open, but...)
Spoiler: Knowledge
Show
I have +5 in everything but local so (1d20+5)[8] probably arcana?

"What the.. Ynna, run FAST and turn left down the first street. It seems to be following the crowd. I'll try to slow it down." Eglantine looked around the tent for any items that might stop the creature. She hoped Vindal wouldn't be to angry about her using merchandise.