[The Foyer]

"You know that if your furry friend is right, you simply do not have the energy to destroy me. Not without vaporizing everyone inside, including your friends and the hostage, at least. The whole Earth would be my buffet against your personal reserves, and you are simply no world, I can tell."

What if he is wrong?

"But more the question. Who are you to acknowledge or not my right to exist? An ill-bred ape with nothing to his blood but destruction and death, true death, worse than any shinigami but a scant few maniacs of old could ever hope to lay claim to."

"You know, those of you who came to the Ghost King without their petty little arrows nocked have outgrown that abominable fault, their children will never have to fear either the hungry beasts nor the verdant flame."

One of the sets of doors at the top of the stairs creaks open slowly, nothing comes out of it.

"Regardless. I can't give them to you. To 'save time' absurd how it might be, or under threat. I am a house, I can talk for sure, and serve tea and shelter from the rain, and do another trick or two, or three. But it is those who live here who you must trade words with."

Clearly an invitation to go further in.