View Single Post

Thread: [BitPRē] Mortal World V

1. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] Mortal World V

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [The Underhall]

"Even before the Cult, boy. You and your friends walked boldly into this life and ignored the dangers, didn't you? The specific enemies you make, and when, are a trifling detail."

"But you are the first of your lot to actually ask what we are doing, that is worth something, I suppose. Your friend heard 'enemy' from on high and jumped to the offensive, had his little parasite topple our temples, and then guided the armies of heaven to our terrestrial holds. Civilizations have been buried under the waves for less."

The corridor finally becomes a staircase leading up. How long has Katsuo been running?

"The Ghost King is growth and change. To him flocked the frail and dying, to be spared the slums of heaven and to know life and strength. So many, in so many places, across so many times. He heals and empowers, how is that evil?"
    "I don't know." Katsuo slows to a stop, clenching a fist, then releasing it. "It wouldn't be fair of me to deny responsibility. But... your princess infected a town with something terrible because Shinji attacked you. So many innocent people were brought into this. I don't know what happened between you and Shinji, but she's not innocent. And now she wants to hurt Shinji through me- through my aunt, another innocent person. Your king might help a lot of people, but how can he allow this? This can't keep going. Please, just... let me take her home alive. Unhurt. I'll try to talk some sense into Shinji, so we can just stop this and talk."

Being Katsuo, despite the pain and anger... he was being sincere.

(Foyer)

There's a loud, wet plop from behind the two, a large pool of the same tarlike droplets congealing on the floor. It bubbles ominously. A voice comes from it. Or... well, around them.

"How very cute. You realize we could crush you right now if we wanted, right? But I think I agree with daddy when I say that to make it that easy would be no fun at all. Before the end of this, I'm going to make you beg to end it quickly."

There's a childish yet psychotic laugh that resonates around them.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-09-12 at 07:11 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!