1. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Aangvanced (Avatar: The Last Airbender Screencap Comic)

Quote Originally Posted by aurilee View Post
    All too true. Even Damien, who as you said is the best roleplayer, has still come to view his character as an extension of himself, and a way to explore his own demons and fears.

Dungeons and Dragons: It's therapeutic or you're doing it wrong.
    Well, I always see my characters as being facets of myself (and I may have said as much up thread, I forget), but I don't take it as far as "I'm literally playing me running through this campaign world". It's hard to imagine playing a character that doesn't in some way represent a portion of my own personality, the few times I have tried rapidly lead to disinterest.

I also think Damien still has a very clearly defined boundary between himself and Zuko, he seems to be the most aware that the things that happen to Zuko are not things being directly aimed at him. I think he's also the only one in the group who's not called Manny out on being a killer DM (which he can be at times), and again I'd attribute this to his much clearer boundary between IC/OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by aurilee View Post
    Ah, forgot about that! Definitely excited to see how that plays out.
    Boiling Rock should be fun too, Suki will join the Gaang, which makes me wonder if she'll be an NPC or if there actually will be a new PC coming in. Also, wondering if these PC+Zuko episodes will be DM'd by Damien rather than Manny.

@MasterofAeons - I don't write anything, just enjoy picking things apart
    Last edited by Comissar; 2016-09-15 at 02:36 PM.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me