Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
[Eastside - Kate's Apartment]

Someone climbing out of a pick up truck like Mick's is rarely the target of theft. His clothes are in good enough conditions, plain blue jeans and a cotton t-shirt with some band on it. He doesn't even really worry about it. "Nice, so do I need any keys or a code of some sort?" He asks before making any move to climb out of the truck.

[Eastside - Kate's Apartment]

Indeed. The random sketchy youths don't even give Mick a second look as he approaches the building; he may notice, upon closer inspection, that they're all carrying wands! Apparently they're Wizard gangsters after all. They probably prefer robbing people with magical loot. Once they're in the building (which doesn't appear to have a front desk or anything; what kind of apartment complex is this?), Kate chimes in again as Mick presumably finds the stairwell and heads toward the third floor.

"Voice-specific command word. I built a Homunculus in the main room that opens the deadbolt when ordered to in my voice."

Simple enough. She points out a room number and gives the command when they reach the place, and there's a click as the deadbolt on the door opens. It's an unassuming door, really. One wouldn't even know there was one of those improbably-productive fantasy engineers living here if they didn't know any better. Though admittedly it clearly hasn't been touched in a while; there are actual cobwebs in the cracks of the door.