View Single Post

Thread: Prayer, Bless, Aid, Guidance

1. - Top - End - #11
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Prayer, Bless, Aid, Guidance

Guidance gets a lot of mileage in PF, at least in the games I've played. Since PF cantrips and orisons are at-will, you can just tap the rogue before he attempts to pick a lock, tap the wizard (or fighter) right before they start scribing or crafting that day, tap everyone in the party individually including yourself when they're about to climb down from a ledge etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm even answering the question you asked anymore, so let's leave it there for now. Basically, I like buffing and I like throwing around numerical bonuses to my allies, so it's cool that Bless is a way to affect the entire party at level 1. But even I recognize that a lone +1 is only significant on approximately one roll out of every twenty, so it doesn't really feel exciting to spend a caster's turn on something that is literally no more than a +1.
    That's a +1 to your whole team though, including any pets/minions. If even two of them hit that would have otherwise missed as a result, that's a lot of extra damage thanks to one spell from you.

The save bonus vs. fear shouldn't be underestimated either. If you save someone on your team from being Shaken, you've actually caused a 3-point swing to their attack (+1 from the spell, and avoiding the -2 from shaken) and if you stop them from being Frightened that's even better as you've also saved an action.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-09-23 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)