Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
speaking of which, I'm still haven't gotten around to watching Hoenn. anyone have any tips to help me watch through Hoenn so that I can get to the later regions? I watched all of Kanto and Johto, but I haven't gotten around to continuing Hoenn.
Hoenn is better than Johto in that (Master Quest aside), it just doesn't back on with filler so much. I think the way I've been watching stuff - basically just binging like billio - is probably the best way to do it. (Reading Pokemopolis' hilarious recaps afterwards is optional, though after a while, you start to snicker more often at inoccuous comments...)

The big punch is the break between Advanced Battle and Battle Frontier. Even having watched DP and thus become now used to the voice cast change, the first three or four episodes - the first one especially - is rather jarring and painful, since it's clear the voice actors haven't found their groove yet. Those in particular, you just have to grit your teeth and sit through.

BW, actually watched sequentially is... Actually nowhere near as bad as I'd thought. I'm actually warming to Iris and Cilan and the Pokémon are awesome, though the larger number (I don't think Ash has caught this many since the first season and that's counting all the Tauros) mean that the "family" feel of DP isn't quite as prevalent.

Maybe it'll dip down later on, but it's actually pretty good - if not quite to DP's high standard.