1. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Foster's Home For Temporally-Displaced Friends

The Lookout
    Well that answered a few questions.
    "Ok. I'm going to have to do some investigating after all this. Anyways..."
    Arcos looks at Starlight, thinking upon her response. Unfortunately the whole plan with wanting to talk with Starlight in private hinged on variables that had changed by now. The plan at the time was based on the assumption that Starlight was the one to get rid of, the brains to cut off from the body and she would do so by simply asking the reason why Starlight valued enough to attack Hailing over when private then finding some way of threatening what she valued so that she would leave or be provoked to attack her, thus breaking Starlights own peacekeeping ways, and making Arcos the defender. However it was clear that Android 23 had enough decision-making power for that to not be the case, especially since 23 was clearly the one communicating with Apfel the most, and the one most hardline about killing Hailing.

Starlight therefore unknowingly avoided a situation where Arcos would've threatened to go hunting for animals while justifying it as the Empire's laws having rules against discriminating people based upon their diet, since there were purely carnivorous races whose biology literally cannot digest any vegetable matter. By simply delaying it long enough for it no longer to be a viable plan of psychological attack. It simply did not make any sense to try that anymore, especially when there was too big a possibility that Starlight would've been smart enough to find some way out of that anyways. Sorry, but the window on that is kind of closed now. You were too successful at peace for that to happen.
    "Uh, nevermind. It wasn't anything important. Not anymore, anyways."
    Android 22 say to Vodkana:
    "By all means rest, all we're going to talk to them about is boring history stuff now. Probably nothing you'd find interesting."
    The Androids step up to speak. They just hope that stupid Red Planet General didn't give them away early with that slip of the tongue.
    "Everyone. In the interests of furthering the discussion instead of letting it be bogged down further, we will be revealing one of the secrets of the Rebel Alliance, as a show of trust."
    Sailor Arcos narrows her eyes.
    "Oh and let me guess: you want me to fly away somewhere else so that I won't hear it before you tell it?"
    Android 23
    "On the contrary, Sailor Arcos. You should especially hear it. After all, it concerns you and your race perhaps most of all. Apfel as well."
    Sailor Arcos turns and raises her eyebrow. What was 23 up to? Android 23 takes a deep breath and says
    "I will reiterate Rule Four: You are not prepared for this. You may find this unbelievable. But I assure that what I state is true, no matter how outlandish.

22 and I.....are time travelers. Not by choice. Don't worry about paradoxes and whatnot, there are people who take care of that. This timeline is stable, so don't worry.

Yeah, already pretty out there, yes? We come from the future of this planet Earth, specifically five centuries from now. Our own story of how we got here and how this relates to the Arcosian Empire is a complicated tale all by itself and not relevant at this juncture. Mostly because it takes place years after the Empire fell."

Sailor Arcos and all the other sailors perk up and suddenly look at her wide eyed at this.
    "Yeah that got your attention, didn't it? We'll be telling this story in a few parts, pausing here and there to allow you to take info in and ask questions. We will be starting with the first part, which is historically the longest part.

Basically over five centuries, the Arcosian Empire comes to conquer nearly the entire galaxy, prosper and crush all resistance underneath its heel without any notable opposition. The Emperors develop a strange bloodline with mutant capabilities far beyond any other Arcosians and are kept in check for the most part by Apfel's descendants. However for some reason over time they become less and less able to do so, until the Incirrans are nothing more than just another race of minions under the Arcosians heel. However the real evil doesn't begin until King Cold takes power. He takes the Arcosian Empire and reforms it into an entity called the Planet Trade Organization. Thus it goes from a purely political entity meant to uphold a planets ideals and becomes a hybrid political/economic entity, essentially become a vast powerful galaxy-spanning mega-corporation, wiping entire races off a planet so as to sell it as property to another race for profit, a vast galactic real estate scam. What little restraint left was gone and the Planet Trade Organization now slaughtered races indiscriminately simply for money.

In this new age, King Cold has a son, known as Freeza. For reasons we don't know, Freeza is chosen as the successor to the Planet Trade Organization and carries out most of the functions as the ruler in the spotlight, while King Cold takes a back seat but somehow still holds some form of political power. The parts after this one will mainly concern Freeza and how the PTO, formerly the Empire falls due to his actions. Any questions?"

Final Sailor Arcos memory:
    Spoiler: Transformation! Sailor Arcos!
    Show

Flake stands proud at her ceremony. She had done it. She had finally earned her position as Elite Captain of a Squadron. She worked for years to get to it. Everyone cheers. She had done it. To become so is not to meet expectations, but to far surpass them. She went above and beyond the call of duty when needed, she trained and figured out techniques and fighting style that was all her own. She wasn't just any Arcosian soldier anymore- she was the best of the best. One of the greatest fighters in the Empire. And she would command four others of similar caliber.

She met the four of them: Lobsanna from Torgas, Banaia from Cirra, Guillotanne from Vantarine, and Tequille from Yakara they saluted while shouting.
    "Reporting for duty, Captain Flake Ma'am!"
    "At ease. I've been thinking. We are elite squadron yes? But why not be our own squadron? All the others ones do Sentai. Why not do Magical Girl instead?"
    "....Yes Ma'am! We agree and love this suggestion Captain Flake!"
    "Good and please....don't call me that.....call me......Sailor Arcos."
    As the others happily joined in with their own planet names, Flake herself felt a quiet relief. She would no longer be Captain Flake. She would be Sailor Arcos. Sailor Arcos was a representation of all Arcosians and their desires, an ideal greater than herself. Let Flake be a thing of the past. Flake was a person with doubts, dreams, flaws, mistakes, and she would no longer be any of that.

She would wear the mask of Arcos until she became it. She would transform herself until she was the perfect instrument of Arcos's will, the new Captain Blizzard to everyone who knew of her. She would no longer have to have lingering doubts, or worries about what she has done. Whatever happened, she would hold fast to her ideals, to her faith in the Empire. Her new self would see her through any hardship, for she would no longer do anything wrong. Sailor Arcos would not be weak enough to question or to doubt.

And thus she and the Sailors served under Apfel. Thus they traveled across the galaxy, battling many foes. Torgas being the resilient user of brute force, Vantarine the speedy but fragile blade user, Cirra the ranged blaster, Yakara being the smart one with the most tricks and special abilities up her sleeve to get them out of sticky situations. While Arcos herself was the Captain, a well-rounded strong and fast fighter as well as possessing a couple tricks of her own for foes that gave even her trouble.

Apfel she recalls as always being a figure of respect, and someone she could value for his insight. Not by his mere dint of his authority but because his reasons made sense, his morals made sense. Someone who kept them informed, showed restraint, a sense of honor, and knew when to have good humor. A relationship she could value personally, rather than impersonally. That was what the Apfel and Sailors gave her. The Sailors camaraderie, Apfel's wisdom, they gave her something more than the cold ideal of an impersonal empire to fight for. She didn't want this to change. She could work with them forever.

Sailor Arcos wanted things to stay like this forever.

But change comes to all. No matter what decision she made now, she would lose something. Sailor Arcos's world was falling apart, and after so long of following orders and allowing others to make decisions for her, she was not sure what to do.

Masala Vs. DOGGY!
    She gets punched across the water, skipping like a flat stone. She thinks as she skips along the water.
    Wow! He is really strong! I need to up my game! But how do I become stronger? Oh I know! Mommy 22 once told me stories about fighters who get twice as strong by taking of their clothes! The less clothes, the stronger I am!
    Therefore she rips off most of her clothing until she is only in her underwear. Of course, being both a child and a majin, her figure completely lacks any attractive features whatsoever. Her Power Level does get a boost as the result of this, because she believes it should, not realizing the people who did this originally was because the clothing was weighted. She charges back towards him, unleashing a new furious assault of kicks and punches upon him, trying to speed around him, attack him from behind an come at him from strange angles with her greater power.
    "YOU BAD DOGGY! ME NO LISTEN TO YOU!"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-09-26 at 07:52 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".