Quote Originally Posted by Ceaon View Post
You are right. A better term would be verbal abuse.

Look, I disagree with you. You are defending your "right" to make others feel bad despite them telling you to stop, and that you feel you "give them a pass", as if you are the bigger person, when you do listen... it just baffles me. But I do not want to be drawn into an argument, so I will apologize that I am too sensitive for your taste, and hope that we can agree to move on.
I don't think I said any such thing.

I very clearly said from the outset that I think people have the right to be vegetarians, what you eat (like most things) is a matter of personal choice.

I do think that people who choose to be vegetarians are likely to be subject to ordinary banter in the same way as a person who wears an unusual shirt might be - that's just life, and as I have said I think people joking with each other in a friendly way is a good thing. I have also said that if a person were to tell me that he is insecure about a particular thing (like vegetarianism) and is sensitive to teasing about it, that I would probably refrain from taking the piss on that point.