Quote Originally Posted by Kryx View Post
Great to see that you're using VLOOKUP now (I'm the guy who suggested it on reddit). However you're not doing it in several cases. I'd suggest doing it in all cases so it's easy to make custom races. For example tiefling's "Poor synergy" or the UA & DMG races.
I want to make the chart useable, and inflating the guide page with every possible combination works against that goal.

Also as I venture into racial features further afield from PHB features, it will become more like guideline-ish as the natural weapons section.

I know you like things on the left, but for consistency sake I'd suggest getting rid of the divider column and moving the values to the right. I think that may also fix your graph not having labels - I'll try to fix it.

I've done a lot of work as a graphic designer. Ease of reading and looking good trumps consistency in my book. Making the chart work might be worth it.

You've bloated the values which I think is rather beneficial.
Your valuation for "L2 spell 1/day" is 6 which is the same as "Standard Delayed Magic". "Standard Delayed Magic" has the L2 spell, a cantrip, and a 1st level spell. The level 2 spell is delayed, but these shouldn't be valued so differently imo. Many games ignore levels 1 and 2 as well.

Yeah, that section had redundancy, some numbers that didn't get converted, and possibly some incoherent thinking. I've cleaned it up.

I've lowered an L2 1/day to 4 points. While a lot of games may skip the first two levels, racial balance is never more important than in the early levels. As you progress they contribute an ever shrinking fraction of your total power. So I'm more concerned about a point score that would be OP at level 1 than one than would lead to an underpowered race at higher levels.