I read your section on the revised ranger but I still have some questions about leveling the beast. Can you help me with the following:

I have some questions for those of you that have tried out the new Beast Master conclave:

I am building a level 12 ranger for a new high level campaign. I've decided on the BM conclave and a panther pet. I am running into issues with leveling and using the ASI's to make it 12th level and I am interested to see how others have resolved these issues:

1. Panther normally has no constitution bonus. If I use ASI's to boost Con bonus to +1 do I get more hp from the start (the way a PC would) or only on level ups after getting the bonus? If from the start does that include the calculation of the original hp (3d8 in block, does it become 3d8+3)?

2. Is bite a dex based attack? hard to tell in the panther block because str and Dex both have a +2 modifier, to compare to wolf (with a +1 str and +2 dex) it looks like the +4 to hit on bite is dex based (+2 from prof and +2 from dex). At level 12 using my proficiency (+4), and assuming I raise the panther's dex to 18 with ASI's (+4) would that make it + 8 to hit and damage?

3. Is the DC for the knock prone flat or based on str? Again to compare to the wolf the DC is 11 and it has a +1 in str and the DC for the panther is 12 and it has a +2 in str, which leads me to believe it is str based. Can we also assume it is structured like a PC at 8+prof+ability, so if I rose the str bonus to +3 and use my proficiency again the new DC would be 15?

I realize I can't do all 3 of these as presented with the 6 ability points I have to distribute from the 3 ASi's I am working with, but the answers will impact where I put those points (for instance if bite is str based AND str raises the DC thats important to know).

4. Finally, panther has skills listed with perception and stealth, the UA says my companion "gains" two skills of my choice. Does that mean in addition to the skills it already has or instead of? I am thinking of adding acrobatics and survival for example.