Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
So, a few questions: I know you can't use certain exploits with Garrisons to generate gold like you were able to anymore, but are they still useful for generating gold at all now? If not, aside from collecting reagents that the player base needs, what else is good for generating gold?

@icewraith: what class(es) did your dps friend play? I'm curious as to what he performed so well on.
Last expansion he was mostly Hunter and occasionally Holy Paladin. During the pre-patch he was playing a bunch of different characters- when he left there were ~7-9 sequential "X has left the Guild" messages, although I don't know how many were max level- trying to find a replacement for his Hunter, he hated what they did to it. He ended up rolling DH first for the expansion.

We were really hunter heavy last expansion, but even then he would be 10-20% ahead of the other hunters, even the guy who was running on off nights with a Mythic group. A couple of times I've seen him bring in an alt and while he obviously wasn't still first on the meters, what he got out of that alt was surprisingly good for its ilevel.

Re: Gold
Right now garrisons still have the raid missions for BRF and HM, and the shipyard still has an occasional missions for HFC. There's also still missions for baleful gear that vendor for varying amounts of gold.