View Single Post

Thread: Drowtales: The Info Dump

1. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Drowtales: The Info Dump

Since I use an RSS reader to go directly to the comic page, I couldn't figure out what was missing. The archive that Kern said was missing was present as far as I could tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I get what you mean. My main displeasure is the breaking of immersion by giving room to "and it's you, the readers, who with your good intentions and feels saved Naalglobe!". There's actually a lot of things I don't like about the friend demons/princes, like the fact that they only can speak to Kiel and seem rather inconsequential (does anyone ever comment on them?). Or that we never saw the moment they became visible, which I guess was a rather important point.
    Well, they're gone now!

I thought that Kern having Sha'sana get rid of them would be too much to hope for, but he actually did it! I preferred it when when we couldn't tell if Kiel was really breaking the fourth wall or if she was just nuts. Good riddance to them, IMO.

The red blob developed a spiral eye. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm somewhat afraid that we might not get rid of it now. Oh, well, we should be close enough to the end that it can't be all that annoying.

I don't know what the talk about a time skip is about, though. This would be a truly bizarre time to have a time skip. Is Kern just going to punt on the idea of giving the comic any sort of a climax?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    This is just my personal taste, BTW. If I am reading a story I just want to read a story, not to have a major character spend its whole existence winking at me.
    And of course, Kiel is the character who happens to be present the moment when Sha'sana finally does the thing she's been preparing to do for thousands of years. Honestly, Kiel wasn't as annoying as she sometimes is, but it figures it would be her who would be present.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-10-04 at 08:48 PM.