1. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: D&D Aangvanced (Avatar: The Last Airbender Screencap Comic)

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Aeons View Post
    How much more can things change? What do we have, ten episodes left until Korra?
    What I meant was that how to interpret things can change quite a bit pretty quickly. Just as for example, recent pages (898 and 899) make it look as if Manny has gone psychotic. I checked the episode because I suspected the screenshots had been messed with, but no, those were hallucinations that Aang had because he was extremely sleep deprived. Just for the sake of an example, what if we found out that Rick's tiredness cause him to hallucinate everything on those pages. Now all of the sudden Manny wouldn't have been psychotic. I don't actually expect that, but things like that do seem to happen sometimes. I think it's just that the characters each have a unique viewpoint, so their narratives aren't consistent and the "information" that we have to interpret tend to vary depending on the situation and which character is driving the narrative at the time.

As somewhat of another example of something that could make things look very differnt, I just spotted that I misremembered some things in the earlier comment. It turns out that Rube is living with Rick, so maybe Rick is in a much better position to judge Rube than I thought. And there Manny is acting like he really believes Rube could get lost in Azula's personality. And just a few pages earlier, Rick calls Manny a "psychotic idiot." At the time, I wouldn't have thought that he really meant the "psychotic" part, but now I think he did.

-------------

Page 900: DAMMIT RICK! Never say, "What could go wrong?" or "Why should we be afraid?" even if you have a Shelby!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll easily believe that Rick's plan can work on Manny since Manny thinks it can work (and it's easy to see where the screencaps would come from to show it), but I'll have trouble accepting that Rick's plan could work on Rube unless Rube becomes convinced that it will work. Maybe if, after he's cured at the very end, Manny goes to Rube and apologizes and tells Rube that he loves him and Rick apologizes for talking down to him then Rube will relax and be OK. That won't fit the cartoon episodes, though. The author would have to get artwork from elsewhere.

I actually kind of dislike the way Rick and Manny plan to "fix" Rube because it seems very high-handed. They aren't giving Rube any choice in the matter. Should they be trying to "fix" Rube without his permission?
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-10-06 at 09:14 PM.