Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
The Wasteland
The beams meet and clash Arcos pushes with all her might, but somehow it slowly starts to push back on her. What was fueling this!? This can't be. As the heart got closer and closer she remembered one of the basic lessons of her training: if caught on the losing end of a beam struggle, stop pushing and get out of the way. There have been deaths of good Arcosian soldiers who thought their pure strength was enough and got blasted into oblivion because they couldn't stop trying to push back in denial of being overpowered by someone else.
So she stopped and did her best to side step the oncoming blast instead.

Little did she know, that ignoring this basic lesson as it turns out was the defeat of Vegeta, Freeza, Cell AND Kid Buu. Sure Vegeta bounced back, and Freeza survived to become a cyborg to die someday else, but both Cell and Kid Buu died to very powerful beam struggles and thinking that their strength alone would allow them to win. But even then, she kind of did it a little too late, and her left arm gets caught in the blast, and she screams in pain as the two powerful beams combined blast through it and she pulls it out-it was singed black and ruined, hanging completely limp and useless.

She didn't have any more tricks. Only her strength.
"Screw it! If I'm changing no matter what, then I'm no longer Sailor Arcos! I am Captain Flake! That persona....was nothing but hiding my weakness! She...her fighting style...her tactics...that power....its all outmatching me! I'm losing....I know that....but I must see this through to the end. I must try my hardest....even when my hope is gone...."
Flake flies forward towards Starlight, swinging furiously at her with her remaining arm to try at least get a hit in.
Starlight gasped as she saw Arcos's arm hanging limply by her side. Immediately, she slipped out of her battle stance and prepared to summon a senzu bean to heal her. Thinking the battle was over, she was caught by surprise when the arcosian flew at her, swinging wildly. She cast a wing out, sending her flying to the side, but she was just a bit too slow - the punch didn't hit her directly, but it still hit her wing full-force, severely bruising it. She thought she heard the crack of a bone breaking.

Grimacing, she realized that Arcos was now striking out emotionally, with very little in the way of tactics. And with one arm almost completely destroyed, her ability to fight was impaired as well. There was no point in playing rough anymore, it was time to end this, for both their sakes. She teleported in a flash of pink energy, reappearing behind her opponent. She then fired a powerful stun spell at the base of the arcosian's neck, hoping to knock her out so she could finish the fight and heal her.