1. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: D&D Aangvanced (Avatar: The Last Airbender Screencap Comic)

Quote Originally Posted by Quillfeather View Post
    During the chase Rube cautions the group saying "Rick is probably analyzing you", and later goes on to classify everyone like a psychologist would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    I thought that was canon? I can't point to a page, but I seem to remember Azula using Rick's psych notes to exploit the party's weaknesses.

And even excluding everything else, psychoanalysing your friends by stealth is a pretty dickish thing to do.
    On the page immediately before the one I highlighted above, Rube claims he was exploiting Rick's notes to tear the group apart, then, as Quillfeather said, he classifies everyone as if he got the classifications from Rick's notes. I think that's probably what you are remembering. I don't believe Rube, though. I doubt that Rick classified himself in his own notes, and he unless it was an extremely recent and short-term observation, he wouldn't have said that he was "exhausted." (He was exhausted right then because Manny and Rube weren't letting him or the others sleep.) I also doubt that Rick only made negative comments about everyone, including himself. I think Rube was just messing with them, but it could be read differently.

As Quillfeather said, that was in the "Chase" episode, specifically pages 151 and 152 in the Book 2 cbr file.

I can't blame a psychology student for taking what they learned and wondering how well it might apply to the people they know, but I would agree that they should keep most of that analysis to themselves.

Having said that, I love the way Rick impersonated Shelby in the episode after that one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang
    I'm Shelby! What's restraint? I rolled a 97 on a D-3!
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-10-08 at 08:59 PM.