Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
"I don't know, milady."

Ralidar was the last lord of Morvalent, a remote island far to the north, close to the arctic. This was nearly a hundred years ago. The entire population of the island was wiped out in some disaster (quite probably some attack, possibly from the arctic), and it is thought that the spirits of these dead haunt it. Being cold and isolated, it has not been resettled.
It seemed to Cordelia almost that this message was meant for her, or rather meant for the Immortal Queen. A challenge of sorts. This was no champion of righteousness, no king of the living. He was cut from the same cloth as Ashourina and the Court: returning after a hundred years, bending the dead to his will.

It was a challenge that would not go unanswered.

She gestured to the headless body. "Pick that up..."

Then her head. "And her head as well.

"Then follow me."

Once they did as she commanded she stepped outside the fortress, calling for her mount telepathically. Rynskaald landed before her with a THOOM.

"Secure the corpse upon my saddle, and place the head in the bag on the left side."

She then sent a telepathic message to her Queen.

My Queen, Countess Rengare is destroyed. Her head was removed by one Ralidar d'Morvalent. I am sending her body and head to Grimmfell upon Rynskaald.

I will ill go to the icy wastes of Morvalent to seek out this enemy and deliver vengeance in your name.

Once they secured the corpse, Cordelia spoke to her dragon.

"Take her remains to Grimmfell. I will face Ralidar alone."

The dragon took off towards Grimmfell.

Cordelia summoned her magics, once again to shift between planes, reappearing upon the cold of Morvalent.

OOC: plane shift/ greater plane shift