Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
The scope of the discussion is not solely defined by post 186 of the thread.
Excuse me? Please point to the part of my post which stated anything even close to this.

You're the only person in the discussion whose initial response to LaZodiac's point was limited to the legitimacy of Junior's business dealings, let alone the followup replies.
My post, and the replies to it, were almost solely about the legitimacy of Junior's business right up until this post:

I don't understand why the legality is important here. Nothing about the bar's relationship with the law changes the ethical calculus of Yang's actions significantly. Junior's a seedy b***ard who employs a bunch of seedy b***ards who help out with crimes and also run a nightclub, and they still didn't do anything to provoke violence from Yang until she visited violence on them. Yang as portrayed in the trailer is a wild woman who wanted the fight at least as much as she wanted the information. (How closely you link that to Yang's portrayal in the series proper is another story--the trailers are, after all, excuses to fight.)
Your post above was the first post which diverged the then current discussion point (and your post was in reply to the then current discussion point), which is one of the reasons I was making it clear why this particular discussion started in the first place before addressing the points you raised separately.

And since the discussion originated with the question of whether Yang looking psychotic makes sense, the current continuation is entirely within the original topic, and is indeed more substantially relevant to that topic than Junior's legitimacy.
It's entirely relevant within this thread. It was not at all relevant within the context of what we were discussing at the time, but that's ok, conversations evolve — I was simply making a clear distinction between the two to avoid confusion.

Thank you. This is a useful case. I believe this is a reasonable interpretation of Yang's actions. I think the last statement is pretty questionable, though, and it's terribly awkward of the trailer to force us to make that speculation, when it would be the work of a moment to make it entirely unnecessary.
I disagree on your last point. The trailer works quite well on its own, it doesn't need to be any longer. We're more than capable of filling in the gaps without needing to have our hands held.