View Single Post

Thread: RWBY VIII: Well, THAT escalated quickly

1. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: RWBY VIII: Well, THAT escalated quickly

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Maybe I'm just using too strong a word. Yang's got a sort of dead eye stare in the manga when she's using her angry power. Maybe she's just really into violenceing people. That being psychopathy or not is for you to decide.
    ...I just figured the manga is using alternate characterization to be perfectly honest. I've got nothing against that either, but it does make me wonder where the show and the manga diverge from one another and if its intentional or just a result of art style.

For example, how would Ruby being a more blood knight type character change the events of the story? Does Yang being a psychopath change her character arc and if so, how?

Heck, there are entire sections of fan fics dedicated to 'what if' type scenarios and I like to think about such things! Just trying to figure out if the manga is doing that, if the mangaka for RWBY is changing things because he/she is viewing the show through a different cultural lens and drawing different conclusions than we are or just trying to provide a different experience. Its fun stuff!

EDIT: ...Huh, apparently it was announced that the manga contains canon events and whatnot. So...does that mean the explanation for the Armored Knight that Weiss fought is canon? Cause I like that tidbit. And also that RWBY may be getting a traditionally 2D animated series. Huh.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2016-10-17 at 02:24 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."