Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
That's your good for trying other things. You should do so occasionally, say in one shots, just to test other ideas. I, for one, play mages, almost exclusively.

So... Why does every character you create who is not a soldier have to lead?

Why they'd want your character to stick around in that kind of scenario is baffling.
on the first point: because I've got two settings in my brain - follower tends to be the soldiers and such, and leader who is just about any one who is not a soldier. I've tried playing solo stealth types and been told constantly to 'stay with the group stay with the group, do what i say' by the leader (paraphrased of course).

On the second point: it was the group that did stuff my character didn't agree with, i pulled them to avoid my character eventually saying 'no you know what screw you all i'm reporting your behinds to the freaking government and screw the 'accessory to' charge i'm going to get'. they started going murder hobo in a sci-fi game and used the 'well we aren't in BIG GALACTIC Government's territory so these agents aren't in their jurisdiction - so we can shoot them with out a problem !' excuse to attack government agents. it baffles me that they think my character would have been okay with that having been a soldier for the big galactic government.