View Single Post

Thread: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

1. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Blood of the Ashlands (IC)

Spoiler: Guhzunthite
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    " We have a timed mission here anyway. We need to get to Borden as soon as possible to not take too much rations on our way back. Beside, even if it was a error, I don't regret it. They COULD be performers on the road, what I said was only a assumption. So let's just continue our journey. Im a lizardfolk of my words so I WILL bring this cargo back to Borden as soon as possible! If anything, us lizardfolk can hide in the waggon."
    "This is so," says Lothzar. "Let's be on our way."

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    He then take out the medallion of her late husband, give it back to her after a moment of thinking: " Hummm... I figure I can let you have it for now, at least until we reach Borden. If we get seperated or we are killed protecting this wagon, I would hate for you to get seperated from it permanently. Count it as a show of trust. "
    "Thank you," says Esther, accepting the pendant, "I appreciate your trust, though a life is a life, and a trinket is but a trinket. If people are to die, I assure you this pendant will be the last thing on my mind."

The group continues their journey through the marsh woodlands for three hours, in suffocating humidity and swarmed by midges. The hot noon sun begins to dip on the fourth hour of travel, and the group emerges onto windswept plains with vast, golden fields of wild wheat, leaving behind the heat and insects. The trail has thus far been devoid of any life but squirrels, rabbits, and the occasional fish in nearby rivers. By the fifth hour dusk has come, and the sun, its lower half below the horizon, casts streaks of brilliant orange across the dark blue sky. In the distance, silhouetted against the sun and sky, is a watermill by some rapids. The watermill is surrounded by no more than a dozen cottages. The sound of the fast-flowing rapid waters mingles with the rustling of the wheat fields in the strong wind. The hamlet's evening lanterns are lit, small flecks of warm light dancing about the horizon.

"A place to say," says Lothzar, "for which I am thankful. This path is wilder than I am accustomed to, but it is good to see some semblance of civilization."

"I'm just glad to be out of the marshes," says the cart driver with a sigh. "Seriously, that place can go burn itself to the ground for all I care. No offense to our hosts, of course, but I've had enough midges in my mouth for a lifetime."

"Ho, ho," says Lothzar with a chuckle. "City boy."

Spoiler: Astella
    Show
    Astella and the boy, the latter still too dazed to speak or do anything coherent, find a gentle slope out of the ravine a little further down, and continue their pursuit. It is not hard to follow a trail of blood, and indeed, Astella finds the path marked by red-stained ferns and earth. She and the boy spend the next ten minutes hiking through the hilly woodlands. As they come over the crest of a rocky mound, they look down upon a small river valley. In the middle lies the body of the mercenary, motionless and blood everywhere, surrounded by three black bears. The bears look up at Astella and the boy and roar.

Spoiler: Errich & Gelećek
    Show
    The fleeing cloaked figures make their escape.

The man who dropped from the rafters searches the card player's body. He retrieves a sealed letter and a pouch of coins. He leaves on the body a playing card set. The finely-dressed man and his companion do not bother any bodies, and instead chat.

"Did you see that?" says the finely-dressed man. "Hooligans don't respect anything these days."

"Sure thing, boss," says his companion.

As for the other bodies, between Errich & Gelećek, they find five coin pouches, the amount within totaling to ten gold, forty-five silver, and seven copper. Additionally, they find three light crossbows, three daggers, five scimitars, seven sets of traveler clothes, seven sets of leather armor, two sets of thieves' tools, a crowbar, a hooded lantern, two flasks of oil, two days of rations, three waterskins, and a hundred feet of hempen rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Well that was intense, glad I got to experience it. You know. From a distance.
    "I'm glad you both made it," says the man from the rafters, approaching Errich and Gelećek, "if only so I can ask you why you followed us here from the bar, then lent us your assistance in the ensuing battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jimmy View Post
    My name is Duke Alejandro Desafios. I hail from lands far away, and I am visiting your great cities. However, in my land..."events" like those that have just transpired are all too common. Because of that, I was raised from an early age to recognize them, given my position. I saw that this was happening, and decided to give chase, as assassins are generally not working for the best sorts of people. Based off of that, I could assume that the ones they were targeting would be of opposite character. Am I correct in that assumption?
    Spoiler: Errich
    Show
    (Deception check.) (1d20+6)[19]

Spoiler: Evodine
    Show
    The powerful wind blows through the woods, drowning out all noises but the rustling of countless trees, and flinging about Bredenbent's lantern, which is tied to a branch. The shadows cast by the lantern's flickering lights expand and diminish rapidly and violently, almost life-like, and the tents protest loudly the weather they were erected in, their flaps banging against their frames.

Evodine cannot light any of her torches in this weather, try as she might. If she wanders into the woods without a light source, she will be entirely in the dark. Nonetheless, she manages to find a patch of floral ferns near the campsite, illuminated periodically by the swinging lantern.

Spoiler: Stran
    Show
    (We'll wait on Theren's combat to end before getting to your encounter.)

Spoiler: Theren
    Show
    (Go to the Roll20. It's Theren's turn. The ruffian he just surprise attacked is marked with a blue square.)
    Last edited by nettle3305; 2016-11-06 at 04:13 PM.