Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
A cultural landmark of illegal street racing... Yeah, not feeling all that sympathetic about the probable land development here...
Oh I can understand that Ash may have different priorities than - for example - me. I'm caring and worrying about silly adult things, while Ash's caring and worrying about silly teen things that matter to her. She's (in her peer group) the QUEEN of the hill that gets to be developed. As such she gets my full sympathy.
Also, her racing hill is one of the few connection points to her lost manhood. Yes I agree, she needs to grow up. (And be... an adult woman? If that perspective works just fine for me and you it's because we're uncaring readers, not her.)

-------
What I never got is that Rumisiel has been sitting in Ash's house for more than one year, and Mr. Upton (Daddy) has never said ANYthing about it. Rumisiel appears one day, plays boyfriend to his daughter, lives in his house for free, eats from his fridge, nobody knows anything about his background except for that "uh he's from Kanada"...?

And Daddy never called it (or at least, I don't remember it. Was there was a "hey you guy we need to talk stuff" once? How did it play out? If there ever was talk about this, nothing has changed, so it might as well never have happened. The sitcom goes on and on and on...)
Raise of hands please: if some weirdo of unknown origins crashes in your house and (supposedly) bangs your underage daughter, how long would anyone stay passive? A day, a week, a month, a year? When there's no laughter, no flirting, no affection at all? Bah, that isn't lax parenting anymore, that borders on criminal negligence.
As he's intelligent, I have already thought that maybe he figured out the obvious. Like Missi: That the weirdo is NOT banging his daughter but instead acting as "the beard" of his homosexual child? Wellllll.... in that case, there is an unbidden lazy dirtbag lodging in his house for simply no sane reason at all.

I also thought about the argument that Rumisiel is warping Daddy's mind/perception, so that Daddy thinks everything is on the up and up... But that yedi master trick makes even less sense. If angels routinely warp people's minds (outside of their File Storage Archive Heaven), then the entire story makes even less sense...
Unless Rumisiel is actually the devil who actually first warped Ash's mind, so that she thinks she was a boy once and Rumi is there to help her, then he warped Daddy's mind so everything is okay to him, and then Rumi was free to room with Ash... who is constantly tormenting and belittling him... Wait...