1. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Schlock Mercenary VII: A T.A.D. Too Much Dialogue These Days

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I'd think they needed a matched pair of Cindercone class terraport cage ships. Or, maybe Cindercone is a matched pair of terraport cages?
    Yes, I think they need something that matches Cindercone, too. That's largely why I predicted that they are terraporting the tree into the Can of Sky and would use the ship/cage that Sorlie was investigating as the destination cage. It's the only other cage that matches Cindercone that's currently up and running, AFAIK.

Here is the meta-logic: Gee, we find out that Sorlie has a huge terraport cage inside the Can of Sky and that Cindercone is a huge terraport cage, too, and we find that out when a huge tree needs to be moved from where Cindercone is to somewhere else. Surprises can happen, but the Checkov's gun / Duex ex Machina and how it will be used seem rather apparent in this case.

Although I probably don't need to say it, just to be clear, I think each cage needs to be fully enclosed for the terraport to work, so each end needs both halves. (A full ship at both ends.)
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-11-13 at 02:17 PM.