View Single Post

Thread: Goblins XVI: Corrupted to the Kore

1. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XVI: Corrupted to the Kore

I've been having a glance at Thunt's twitchs and...

Well, I'm not an artist(*), but, isn't he drawing very, very, very slowly?
    The last video is 3 hours long long for the inking of two panels.
    Okay, the drawing part on this video is not 3 hours long at all, but still...

I got drawings made by authors of comic books I read, and I've always been amazed by how quickly they can draw something on demand. In 10-15 minutes, I get very nice full page drawings, and this from different authors (with a notable exception of a korean mangaka taking way too much time for any drawing).
    First crayon drawings, then inking, on paper!
    I remember asking for a barbarian character once (she's a little girl, I asked to have her drawn as an adult), and she was drawed with her hands in pockets. I was disappointed because I would have liked her with her axe. The drawing was almost complete, but the author managed to draw her axe fixed in her back with a strap. Easily. It was very impressive.

So considering what I see from mangakas (one chapter of 10-12 pages per week), from french comic authors (usually 6-10 pages a month) or from live drawings I've seen, I'm really surprised by how slow Thunt is.
    Am I just used to pros that go unusually fast?

(*) For once, a sentence starting by "I'm not" is true.

Edit: For instance... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s-3jrkqJ8c
    Obviously took more than 5 minutes, but I guess it's pretty fast anyway.
    Another drawing from same author: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAwifOfzfb4
    Only 20 minutes for the drawing part.
    Last edited by Quild; 2016-11-14 at 05:51 AM.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)