1. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Random Faerie 5e Homebrew spells

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Curse of Clumsiness
    4th-level enchantment

Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 60 feet
    Components: V, S, M (a shard of a broken mirror)
    Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

The target creature must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw. If it fails, all its motor functions are essentially reversed. Attempting to move the right hand moves the left hand, and intending to move a limb one direction makes it move the other. The creature can immediately tell something is wrong; it does not automatically do the opposite of what it intended to do, but all its physical actions are therefore hampered.

This spell can affect any creature with a form of spatial sense - even mindless creatures. However, a mindless creature gets advantage on the wisdom saving throw, and creatures that are immune to mind-affecting abilities are still immune regardless.

The target has disadvantage on all physical activities, including attack rolls, dexterity saves, and skill checks. Additionally, all attacks on the target have advantage. The target may only move at half speed and cannot charge, nor take the withdraw action. If the target attempts to cast a spell with a Somatic component, there is a 30% chance the spell fails and is wasted.

Additionally, whenever the target moves more than 10 feet in one round, it must make a Dexterity saving throw or fall prone. Where they fall is to be determined randomly along their projected path.

Also, whenever the target rolls a 1 on an attack roll to hit with a weapon, they must make a Dexterity saving throw or accidentally injure themselves for their weapon's damage instead.

Finally, even after the spell ends - naturally or not - the target suffers these ill effects for one more round as they get re-readjusted to the proper use of their body again.

At Higher Levels
    When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 5th level or higher, each spell level above 4th allows you to attempt to curse one additional target.
    Fire impression: this is too big an effect for a 4th level spell. As-is, I'd put it at... 8th level maybe? With a save-ends clause it might drop to 6th or so.

Procedural stuff: you need to specify what is a legal target. I'd suggest "one creature you can see within range". 'Mindless' is not defined in the rules... I'd change to anything with an Int score below 3. 'Mind-affecting' isn't defined either; I'd change this spell to include the charmed condition ("the target must make a Wisdom saving throw or be charmed for the duration. While charmed by this spell, the creature suffers <ill effects>...") since that means anything immune to charm is immune to the spell. Finally, 'Withdraw' should be 'Disengage'.

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Eh, I just saw the entry some other guy had. Malpaxar's Motoric Reversal is basically my Curse of Clumsiness...

Hmmmm. I don't know if I should keep mine (since there are obviously some major differences) or if I should just move onto a more unique idea...
    In my opinion, it's okay to present different interpretations of the same idea to see which one gains traction... but it's probably not a smart move in an actual contest.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2016-11-14 at 06:23 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig