Quote Originally Posted by glitchytsuki View Post
All that said, why would he really want to draw faster? He's well-supported drawing at this speed. I guess people get upset with him about it, but without an editor breathing down one's neck, I feel like just about everybody would choose a slower pace and apologize as needed.
This is something I've been thinking about, he currently makes 1.260 dollars per page. If he were to make one and half a page in the time he now makes one, or even double up, would people still be willing to pay that much for a page or would they start paying less per page, since the thing would get costlier? There must be a sweet spot somewhere where you get the maximum money per month.

I mean, let's suppose that Bunny First pays 1 dollar per page on Patreon. Right now, that's I think 1 and half dollar a month. Let's assume that Thunt suddenly does what I would do, which is: "If every page gives me a grand, I'll start mass producing them and become RICH!". Thunt, driven by greed, starts pumping out one page a week. Bunny is now paying 4 and half dollars per month. Bunny thinks, "I can take it, it's cool".

Thunt now thinks like an investor. He hires five artists, he does pencils and screenwriting, but he now has two inkers, a colorist, a shader, and a letterer. He's now churning out one page a day, which means 30.000 dollars a month, and can pay his employees 15 dollar per hour (it's a random number, I have no idea of wages for artists, especially in Canada).

After the first week, however, Thunt sees the support for his comic decrease, because people are paying him 30 dollars a month, and that's too much for them to afford. People who paid 5 dollars per page now have to downgrade or stop, because it's 150 dollars per month which they are paying. Bunny First stops paying altogether.

After some attempts at publicity, Thunt realizes that Goblins is a niche comic, and that the niche already is almost fully occupied, so there can't be many new readers: the comic is well known among fantasy enthusiasts and roleplayers.

In the end, Thunt has to settle for changing the setting from "page" to "monthly". He gains a bit more than before, but nowhere near 30.000 dollars, and only has one co-worker.

So I'm wondering where that spot is where you gain optimally from the amount of work you do. I don't know if he would gain more by doubling production.