Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
I don't think Tarrasque is likely to be the final defence of Kraagor's Gate. Narrative requirements are that the final defence of the gate has to be something that Xykon could conceivably beat in a fight, or else there's no threat and no danger. I don't think even Xykon, scary as he is, could beat a Tarrasque in a one-on-one fight.
The Tarrassque is immune to most of Xykon's go-to spells. If it came down to a Xykon vs T fight, though, I'd expect Xykon to whip out some ability-drain spell (maybe epic, or maybe just a mid-level spell we haven't seen him use yet) and drain the Tarrasque into a non-threatening state (the Tarrasque is not immune to ability drain for some reason, despite being immune to ability damage and energy drain.) The main reason I'd expect Xykon to trounce the Tarrasque is because Xykon is an important character in the story, and the Tarrasque isn't.

Which, IMO, means it's more likely the Tarrasque won't show up at all. Or if it does show up, it won't be the "final" defense of the gate.