Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
Of the teams presented, my favorite is the Knights. All sword-wielding knights, yet what a variety of combat options! Cloud kinda fits here too; not a knight per se, but still uses sword skills like the others. And could be argued to be similar to a knight in his own world.

Skip the Dissidia squad. The best thing to do with Luso is strip him of equipment and ditch his butt. FFT:A is an abomination of a series that deprived us of a true sequel. Blech.
That's... a really good point, actually. I may ditch Cid for Cloud for that team. As incredibly powerful as he is, I always see Cid as basically the Cartman of Final Fantasy Tactics. "I've got the best stats in the game, I've got the best sword in the game, and I... I've got everyone's unique skills, too! Everyone's. Except Malak's and Rapha's, though. They suck." The only downside is that Cloud, like Beowulf, Reis, and Meliadoul, he comes into play so late in the game that there's not much left to do once you have him.

Luso is FFT:A2, which is alright. Luso in particular was a pretty interesting character in that game, since he's pretty much gung-ho from the word go, unlike Ramza and Marche. I actually like FFT:A a good bit, because it has the most believable villain protagonist I've ever seen. Marche is willing to rip the seams of the world he's in apart in order to go home, without much regard for the damage he's doing to friends as well as enemies. Granted, he's the voice of maturity in a playground of children who'd rather be happy in their dreams than grow up in the real world, but his behavior would cast him as the big bad of any other Final Fantasy game.

I don't think we'd have gotten a "proper" sequel to FFT. Ramza's story ended where it should have, with him free at last, and Delita's ended where it should have, with him having everything he wanted and nothing he needed. The other FFT games, Vagrant Story, and Final Fantasy XII are also Ivalice games, so they advance that story in their own ways as well.