Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
Weren't the TADs around Uli Ola int either the toughs int he first place or the UNS ? (with wchich they probably could easily get the &aauthorisation to port a ship in ?)
No. Everyone else was putting up their own TADs, too.That why the admiral just said the Toughs were teraporting water "under the noses of six overlapping teraport area denial fields." We were also told much earlier that the latecomers were having to keep starting further and further out because of all of the additional TAD fields that the arriving forces kept adding.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
There was a note "18 hours later" a couple of strips ago, so one assumes the other Cindercone could have teraported outside the TAD and flown in under conventional power, just like the Manicouagan did. Alternatively, the Toughs just asked the UNS ships to give them the keys to their TAD--they *are* nominally working together, after all.
That was actually a week ago, but it still has the problem that all of the people who wanted to fight over Ula-Oa would have had the 18 hours to reach Ula-Oa and start fighting over it, too. Some of them probably would have attacked Cindercone and Broken Wind. So where are they? Given that they were so determined to fight, it doesn't make sense that they would have just stopped and waited to see if Petey would shred the planet for them to all share, even if he promised that he would do so.

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
Sure, but after I posted my guess.
Right. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise.