Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
Spoiler
Show
That would be correct. I went with the disfavored line and wound up going Stalwart-> Lethians -> Stone Sea. I was unable to go to the Burning Library.
Well. Bugger. That's unfathomably tedious.

I'mma see if anyone has modded that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius
One advantage of staves is they keep your mage out of melee range when you have all of your spells on cooldown. The two advantages of fists are they don't add a recovery penalty like staves do so you can fire off spells a little faster or wear leather armor. The second advantage is dodge will also affect melee deflection so you wont have to worry as much about staying at range.
To the first, so do bows (and they have a better recovery time) and to the latter, by the time get much into the game (I'm, like level 5, just about to start Act 2), if you've made any effort, you've already got, like 8-10 spell slots, plus thrust plus combo abilities (most of which want you in melee anyway), so you're unlikely to be in a position where you do much resorting to basic melee anyway.

Still, TWF is arguably worse, since it, apparently, doesn't give you any advantage other than hitting alternately with two weapons...

Plus side, I love Subterfuge in this game. It is the BEST for free XP...!