1. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (INC) Bellows of War- Battle Thread Part II

Kamoru swallowed a chuckle at the waiter's discomfiture. She wondered how often they got odd requests like that. After hearing Billy's story, she sighed.
    "I wonder how many of our rag-tag group has a similar story about their family being entirely or almost entirely wiped out? And not all of it can be blamed on Solkar, either," she said. She accepted the offered water and took a quick drink and handed it back.
    "I'm sure I'll see Ginseng again, but Father? That I don't know. He wouldn't tell us what he was going to do when we came here. We went to him expecting an argument, but he put up no resistance to us coming here on our own at all. I mean, it's not like we would've objected if he'd wanted to come here, but he didn't, and he wouldn't say why. I really don't know what he was planning, but I suspect he was expecting an argument from us against whatever he was planning. And we just gave him the opportunity to do whatever it was he was going to do by coming here. I admit I'm worried... he is a soldier after all. Like I said at the tavern yesterday, he always fought for causes, not profit. It's hard for me to imagine a bigger cause than the war with Solkar, right now. I haven't told Kamyol my suspicions. It's not easy to keep secrets from him, with the mind-link and all, but Ginseng's zen tricks work on thoughts as well as emotions, so I can manage some things. I don't want him to get stressed out worrying about whether or not Father is on the front lines now. He needs to concentrate on doing what he can and not stressing about what he can't."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-11-22 at 08:19 PM.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show