1. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (INC) Bellows of War- Battle Thread Part II

Kamoru frowned. "When we were little, Kamyol would get jealous of my training and try and knock me down because he was always bigger. But he never wanted to learn to fight himself. He would cry because he didn't want to hurt anyone. Our father... could've gotten impatient. He could've been scornful of Kamyol, or disappointed in him. But he never was. I mean, he got frustrated that Kamyol would push me, and he probably found it ironic that Kamyol would cry about not wanting to hurt anyone and yet be perfectly content with knocking me down," Kamoru said with a laugh.
    "Kamyol's jealousy was rooted in the belief that Father would be disappointed in him. But father always encouraged us to be who we were. He filled up space in the wagon with books for Kamyol, even though our people considered things like that frivolous. He encouraged Kamyol's scholarly interests and provided him with tools and materials to practice alchemy. His only requirement was that Kamyol not put anything he made in anyone's food or drinks. I think he was afraid Kam would accidentally poison someone!" she said with another laugh.
    "There were a few people in the caravan... people who married in, not people who were born into the family... who expressed disapproval of Father teaching me to fight while Kamyol read books and mixed potions all day. Some of the even less open-minded among them would try to 'warn' my father that I would turn out like Ginseng... as if that was actually a deterrent!" she snorted derisively.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2016-11-22 at 09:08 PM.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show