Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
"I mean a faction within the government is attempting to assassinate the Emperor, and anyone they expect to support him rather than them, including Darian's family."
The high cleric stares at Aerin, stone-faced. August gasps. Gregor is the first to speak, "This sounds rather far-fetched to me. There are always nobles who choose to play their political game with violence, but surely this folly is too great."

"The visions I have seen...", Ethanna mutters, her gaze drifting to drawings on the wall, "we are being warned..."

"But even if someone wished to harm the Emperor", Gregor continues to protest, "How could they ever hope to get close? Even if His Radiant Majesty should choose to grace our small country with a visit-"

"He will come", Ethanna says interrupting Gregor, who is clearly surprised by this, "They informed the high clerics two days ago."

The other cleric looks uncertain. "But even so... Surely there are able guards, and protective spells of the highest order. What chance could any assassin have?"

"I'm not sure..", Ethanna turns back to Aerin, "Is there anything you know about the people behind this? May I ask how you found out about this plot?"