1. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: [3.5 MYTHOS] "Look on my works, ye mighty..."

Quote Originally Posted by NineOfSpades View Post
    So here's some things I'm looking to do, but am not really sure as to which tier of mythos they should go into. Suggestions appriciated.

Estate
    -Turn your domain into a pocket dimension, with access controlled via portals. Moving the location of those portals around, essentially turning the domain into a TARDIS by moving where the door goes.]
    I would put this early on, Fantastic would probably be good. I would imagine an Aedifex should be wanting to stay within their domain as much as they can and this sounds like the Mythos for that, and as the rest of the party will likely want to go places this should be available early.

Beyond allowing a mobile domain and the possibility of teleportation shenanigans this Mythos would otherwise amount to glorified (really good) Bag of Holding (no insult meant, that's just a comparison I can't help from making after an abandoned Mythos class of mine had something similar for that purpose).

-Change the temperature of a location.]
    -Control The Weather]
    I would either combine these two at fantastic or have the first (on its own probably Extraordinary, maybe Fantastic) build to the second at Legendary tier.

This judgement is made with the assumptions that 'Change the temperature' would eventfully scale into localised ice-ages and sending firestorms across the landscape/setting the skies aflame, while 'Control The Weather' is also flexible enough for custom effects that can stretch the definition of weather (e.g. who says rain has to be water? Or a liquid for that matter?).

-Apply elemental/Alignment planar traits to an area.]
    -Change the magic properties of a location]
    I would combine these ones to. I don't have it on the top of my head what these exactly do (so I'm not suggesting a tier), but given that individually they may be a little niche and the between them they handle the more esoteric/mystical concepts, that's what I'd probably do.

-Change the time properties of your domain.]
    This would be either Fantastic or Legendary, depending of the strength and flexibility of the effect e.g. is it just accelerating or slowing time, is it localised flashes forward or back in time (reaching backwards to do an action you wish you did, or choosing from possible futures?), is it full on Groundhog day, ect.

-Change the direction of gravity]
    I would put this at Fantastic, to me it would feel that it more naturally builds off of 'Jonagold Plunging From The Branches'.

Design
    -Create Buildings
    -Modify existing buildings (Add doors, windows, stairs)]

Probably simple and needed enough for Fantastic tier, if nothing else so that the player can get it relatively quickly. It probably one payers would be inching to get to so that they could play around with it.

-Create minions that only can survive within the Domain]
    Legendary may be a good tier for this, depends on what the minions are like.

-Reshape the landscape to create mountains, forests, whatever...
    Fantastic or Legendary I all likelihood. Potentially Exaulted depending on what this actually does beyond simply making the bit of geography and the speed of it.

Loci
    -As a Shintai, fuse the character with their Domain to become a living enviroment (Silent Hill, Ego The Living Planet, any Genius Loci
    Typically this would be Legendary. The closest Mythos thing to this I know of is also at Legendary for what that's worth.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2016-11-30 at 07:33 AM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9