1. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 55 - So many ships, you'd think it was on the ocean

[Gardens]

Tirigan smiles

That's something, at least. We didn't really use all that much magic of any sort, back home. Or at least... we didn't consider the things we did do to be magic and it was a surprise to me when I learned that not everyone can start a fire with their fingers. But the only dwarven magic I knew was my mother had a knife that never needed to be sharpened no matter what you cut with it.

[Tour]

Lycanthropy of any form doesn't even exist on the Vulpan's home world, so little Kitnick doesn't know what that "were" prefix means.

Kitnick nods his agreement

Yup! I don't go to their ceremonies or lectures or anything: I'm here to help take care of the gardens and keep an eye on my little brother. He's gone and joined their priesthood and goes around in white robes and everything.

Anyway, moving on: we need to backtrack a little - there's nothing but scrub and weeds south of here: the Temple bought the land, but hasn't done anything with it yet.

He heads back toward the gardens and then turns left, pointing out some buildings along the way.

That little building there is some magic place or other... never seen it used and I don't really understand what they mean by "summoning". Next is the priest's dormitories - they have the best cafeteria, but you have to be invited. Then that little garden belongs to the priests so they can raise plants of their own if they want... you can see by the weeds that there aren't many who care and we're going to take it over next year. Then the guest hostel: they're going to be expanding it again, soon - too many homeless people who need help. There's a cafeteria there, too, but it's not as nice.

[To the Moon!]

The station is spindly and asymmetrical, properly reflecting the lack of atmosphere or gravity to dictate its form and the expense of resources influencing a lack of decoration or aesthetic paneling.

Krystal tilts her head

So your consciousness isn't really here? Kinda just driving these bodies like the divine Avatars do?

Or perhaps they are simply expendable and resigned to their fate.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-12-01 at 12:20 PM.