Quote Originally Posted by CharonsHelper View Post
Not only do I mostly disagree, but it was written in an extremely self-congratulatory manner of knowing that if you don't do things his way, it means that you're not a good enough GM. *eye-roll*
No kidding. That this comes with him implicitly admitting that he apparently doesn't do adventures about the conflicts he deems more valuable until high level is the icing on the cake. I mean, look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Mentzer
In the realworld, force is the ultimate resolution. But BEFORE that you get socioeconomic conflict, politics, negotiations, and the THREAT of force (either implicitly or overtly) having far more effect than its actual use.

Oh, I see... you're just not good enough a Game Master to create a scenario or setting where roleplaying, interaction, situation analysis, and other non-combat factors are prominent. You and your players just want a simplistic kill-the-bad-guy thing. If that's the case, if you just want comic-style escapism and nothing to really work your brain, then ignore this.

Ignore this unless you want to reach further and reach the great untapped potential of what our role-playing hobby can achieve.
This doesn't take characters with huge amounts of personal power, which is what the system gives. All of these things can easily be achieved in a game about normal people, which in D&D would be low level. As for great untapped potential, that potential is tapped all the time. Tapping it is routine, and this arrogant, self congratulatory attitude just doesn't fit such a mundane achievement. It's like someone expounding on their brilliance because they managed to do arithmetic.