View Single Post

Thread: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

1. - Top - End - #307
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: IC Ljonarian Enigma: Tournament Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Badly wounded, Aerin backs up. "If you have any healing left, or any tricks up your sleeve, you'd better use them," she tells August grimly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Withdrawal action to P5.
    “Aerin, that wound looks-”, August shuts up and casts his last healing spell, ”But I don't know what else-”, he stops and looks to remember something, ”I have two scrolls, healing and a Sanctuary spell that the Head Cleric back home gave me. Almost didn't think of them. But it's not much”, he looks back towards the stairs, ”Should we run-”

His sentence is cut off when the horned warrior takes a step forward and spits a burst of acid in their direction, then shouts orders in a foreign tongue.

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    ”What are you waiting for?! Go around and block their way! We need to finish them! Damn you cowardly sneaks..."

One sneak runs past the door behind the larger enemy, from left to right from Aerin's perspective. She hears the sound of two pairs of footsteps moving away.

Spoiler: Kish
    Show
    Healing: (1d8+2)[4]

Line of acid at Aerin and August: (3d4)[4] Ref DC 15 to halve.
    August: (1d20+2)[11]
    Spoiler: Map
    Show
    I've coloured the squares Aerin has seen.
    Brown squares have a table, which prevents normal movement.
    Squares marked with a 'c' have a chair in them. They prevent running and charging, but don't otherwise affect movement.
    B is the medium sized scaly person.
    G is badly wounded guard, though still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Eglantine attacked the one between her and Vindal, starting to look a little tired. "I told him to let out any other prisoners. He went around the corner. Vindal, what's happening?" she looked exhausted and on the edge of breaking down crying.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Attack H1 then if it is killed 5 foot step to that location.

Attack: (1d8+2)[4]
    Crit: (3d4)[4]
    Damage: (1d20+2)[11]
    Eglantine's axe hits, but her target remains standing. Vindal runs forward, drawing and throwing another dagger at the same enemy, hitting it squarely in the back and the scaly creature is covered in a burst of flames, falling to the ground. Vindall stops by the body of the one he hit a moment ago, about to retrieve the first blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking H1: (1d20)[6] + ?
    Damage: (1d4+4)[7] + fire (1d6)[6]

”There are killers in the castle”, Vindal replies, ”How or why, I wish I knew. But we need to get out, let's get back to the office, looks like this route is no more safe.” He looks worried, but his voice doesn't tremble.

The hordeling behind Eggy continues to attack, slicing her with both of its blades.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    H5 attacks Eglantine

Sword1: (1d20+1)[20]
    Damage: (1d4)[1]

Sword2: (1d20+1)[20]

Bite: (1d20+1)[5]
    Damage: (1d4)[4]

H1 attacks Vindal (these don't happen if Vindal finished it with the earlier attack)

Sword1: (1d20+1)[21]

Sword2: (1d20+1)[11]
    Damage: (1d4)[2]

Bite: (1d20+1)[21]

Quote Originally Posted by aReallyGreatAxe View Post
    Rowan's face goes white as the human head bounces slightly on the ground. That's.... probably not friendly. He throws open the door. "Hello, sir, this way please, fast!" he indicates the hall away from the bloodthirsty beasts, keeping the door open so that the madman wouldn't see the threat. If the noble moves along, Rowan follows closely behind.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

1.) Move action to open the door
    2.) Held move action to follow closely after Darian's father, in between him and the nasties.

”Ha! So you are the one who has come to end me!”, shouts the mad nobleman when Rowan opens the door and is hit with... a candle. ”I will not go down without resistance! I will-”, then he seems to recognise Rowan's voice, ”Wait, you are the imaginary not-thief from behind the wall! Why are you here?” He lowers the candle and let's the healer direct him out of the cell and forward. ”Where are we going?”

Spoiler: Axe
    Show
    Ding ding! Rowan has freed a possibly important NPC. Have 200 XP, and also bonus 200 patience XP for being so calm and co-operative about being locked up (for months RL time). Next goal: Survive the encounter.

The hordeling down the hall lets out a gleeful cry and charges towards Rowan. Another follows right in its footsteps, jumping to glide through the air above the first.

Spoiler: Axe, Athedia
    Show
    H3 attacks Rowan
    Bite: (1d20+5)[7]

H2 finishes its turn in the air, one square above H3. Threatening Rowan, but has not yet attacked.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    H2-H5 are the hordelings, H4 and H5 have taken damage.
    C is the crazy prisoner.

Last edited by CWater; 2016-12-27 at 04:40 PM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart