Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
Then you have a highly limited experience of hearing about empathy. For that matter, you apparently aren't interested in how I was actually using it (since edited). You just want empathy to mean pretense and oppression, because it's convenient for your position that getting angry and talking **** is the better road.
I honestly had not seen that you edited your post, but you were using it to suggest that someone should just keep quiet for the sake of 'empathy'. If my experience is limited that isn't for the lack of exposure, people always throw it around in such a regard when it comes to other peoples feelings, being sensitive and so forth. Empathy only ever seems to be extended to person getting upset and being sad, never to the person who said that. How about for once we try and think about why someone felt the need to say X, why someone got Angry rather then just condemn for that fact and blame simply because someone else got sad?

I extend equal respect to anger and sadness. I don't give anger preferential treatment over sadness, as you have claimed to do. And I certainly don't assume someone has "lost" by feeling or displaying emotions--that is only true in the paradigm of the provocateur, which is a **** world to live in.
You may not claim that but many many people have claimed, some of those people in this very thread, that to show the feeling of anger means lost. I am not entirely sure what you mean with "The Paradigm of the Provocateur" but I will just assume you believe it to be my position, in which case it is not only true in that world because people from different 'worlds' have attacked the display of an emotion : Anger.

I'm sure Inside Out will give your opinion the consideration it deserves.
Of course, anyone critizing this master piece of a movie is obviously wrong, there absolutely cannot be anything wrong with it.