1. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Faerie Affair - IC III: In the Court of the Faerie King

Spoiler: Opal
    Show
    They consider your proposal and respond positively. "That could definitely work," says Cloverfield, while Smokesong/Goldfeather grumbles that "something like that would take a while to put together..."

"We can do it, though. Hmm... if we combined it with some kind of... military tattoo? Yes, that would give us an excuse to mobilise the army to help with preparations. We'll sort out the details, Miss Orlaith. In the meantime, it would help if you could spend some time getting on-side with the King. Being as you're a newcomer to the Court, you must have plenty of fresh stories to tell him... and he'll need to respond to those gifts you all brought him as well."

If there's one thing that all of you have taken away from your first morning with the faeries, it's that everyone here is very intense! It looks like this mission is going to be very tiring... but maybe lunchtime will offer opportunities to take some breaths?

Spoiler: Astra
    Show
    "So, yes, miscellaneous business..." Jasper begins. "You may have noted the ridiculous amount of embroidery everyone was wearing yesterday... and how no one is wearing it today. Without going into all the details, that was actually a 'prank' Reena's court played on us; she manipulated the fashions so that all of our industrial manpower would be tied down with pointless needlework so that she could get ahead of us in the arms race. Your arrival, however, has suddenly made the 'adventurer' look trendy, which has freed up a significant amount of labour-power... which is ours to redistribute.

I'd like to reopen the copper mines and start making weapons again, only... the key to the tunnels seems to have gone missing. It's a gaudy, human-sized, brass affair, set with polished malachite in a floral pattern; you can't miss it. Could you... help me look for it, by any chance?"

Spoiler: Kyu
    Show
    You head off to the Royal Palace at lunchtime. It's busy, even though the King isn't in yet.

(1d6)[4]

Hold on, what was that? Please make a Wisdom (Perception) check.

Spoiler: Kori
    Show
    The two of you meet with Daved and head out to a taproom on the fringes of the Enclave. It is quieter and less ostentatious than the parts of the faerie court you have seen up to now, though still quite full and well-appointed. The warlock is an older faerie with bushy eyebrows and a huge feathered hat. His voice is calm as he introduces himself.

"Ah, you must be Orianna. And one of your travelling companions? I am Daved Candycake; please to meet you. Our... mutual friend... mentioned that you would be coming here, so I was understandably curious. What brings you all the way out here?"
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2017-01-02 at 05:44 PM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig