He considers, and then puts up a finger, then presses something on the torc on his neck. By context, you can infer that's he's probably using his skill divinations. His eyes close and they seem to flutter for a bit as he thinks. "Thank you, both. It's great to have some great ideas here! As far as planar travels, I'd actually prefer the Ethereal, perhaps. The structure there mostly mirrors the Prime Material, except being a bit weird, and if we could secure a supply of Night Hag Heartstones, I should be able to use them to emulate being a Night Hag to go back and forth. The problem is they are limited use, and I'm not sure I can figure out a way to make them, myself. I was planning on using Rope Tricks as my secure sleep space, because those are absurdly difficult to pierce, the damn things are nigh impermeable. The problem with those is that I can't take extradimensional spaces into those, so I couldn't make an extradimensional pit into a workshop. So, the other idea I had was to use an Enveloping Pit as a workshop, it's a sort of large Portable Hole, which I'd have to purchase unless we can get a Kobold priest with the right sort of link to Kurtulmak to be an assistant in making the thing; I don't have the knack for that one. She's right, normal disguises would work well; one of the best ways to handle scrying is to assume that, once you have obtained the attention and annoyance of a mage, any given point in time could have you being watched by an invisible sensor with a number of senses keyed to it. As far as the first Fabricate trap, it might be a good idea to use one to make the components for magical crafting. That has a high resale value, and I use a particular salve that's also useful in my non-permanent magic item infusion techniques, but the stuff can be used as what you are painting onto or etching in something when you do magic item crafting.

"Back to a Scrying mage, the good news is, the mage themselves probably isn't that perceptive, so as long as you have security procedures that assume that there is always a possibility of an invisible scrying sensor spying on you, the effectiveness of those things can be reduced. I'm mostly thinking of things like using word replacement ciphers and dense jargon, and maybe some stagecraft tricks and simple misdirection and misinformation to foil sensors, and things like planting false leads or having false scry rooms and so forth. I'd also actually say you probably need more lead than is simply in lead-based paint, you'd usually want to use sheeting, and you'd also want it placed to break line of sight to, say, magical runes from points in the room where a sensor could be. I'm not so keen on leaving town long enough to be 'forgotten', though. As far as things like a Weirdstone or Nondetection, while those are great, there's actually a number of things I could begin to disseminate which are a bit lower power and cheaper, to the group to make scrying tricky. Things like Protection from Evil, Detect Scrying, False Vision, Scry Trap, there's even a nasty little item known as a 'Deathglance Locket' which is useful as all hell, if you can spot the sensor. For that, things like Detect Scrying or See Invisible are useful. Of course, the only way to really be completely sure is to have the whole Guild and their families and close friends have Mind Blank running all the time, but that's well beyond my capabilities.

I suppose what I am getting at is defense in depth, with multiple layers and techniques, are useful to foil these things. For example, Hats of Anonymity are relatively cheap, it's actually one of the 'normal' magic items that is a decent value, and I could eventually make a lot of those. There's also the related topic of defense against mental effects like compulsions and illusions, where there's a lot of overlap between that and defending against scrying. That said, the other issue is extraplanar entities with innate knowledge of aspects relating to their, ah, portfolio telling their agents what we'd be up to. We may want to spend some time to appease those who might be displeased at this, and seek the help of those gods which would be interested in this work. That's the reason I mentioned the gods I did earlier today, they're the ones I identified as maybe keen on doing this sort of thing."