Quote Originally Posted by valepu View Post
Provided that i am aware you have to enchant the defensive and offensive bonuses separately on a shield, i was wondering about this part of the enchantment: The shield acts as a +1 weapon when used to bash.

I'm guessing not (or it would've said something similar to the bane weapon enchantment "its effective enhancement bonus is +2 better than its normal enhancement bonus.") but does this mean that if i put a +1 enhancement bonus (as a weapon) on the shield i get a +2 weapon when bashing?
This needs a re-write, but I think I understand what you're getting at.

And I think the answer is yes. Though I could be wrong. Because you have to enchant the defensive and offensive bonuses separately, you would in fact get a +2 to Shield Bashing when using that shield - there's no bonus type stated in the enchantment (leading me to believe there is no bonus involved at all, just a flat +1) so any sort of +1 to bashing bonus would stack. That being said, you wouldn't gain any additional AC or anything because offense and defense are dealt with separately, as you've stated.