View Single Post

Thread: Seaside 3: A load of carp

1. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Island Bunker

Instantly I feel a sense of freedom, locks removing themselves from my mind and new streams of data coming in. Despite the ecstatic joy I feel at finally sensing my own self, I hesitate to move or open my eyes for real. Something was incredibly perverse with what I was sensing. My weight and proximity sensing was telling me that my shape was all wrong. My mass was far too light and my internals were far too miniaturized. This would explain the lack of processing power I had known to be standard for my Mark, but if I wasn't the correct Mark, what was I?

The question shakes me to my fusion bottle core. What was I? What was I truly? My body was not that of a tank. It was capable of combat, that much was certain, but it would never be as capable of protecting humanity as a BOLO of my generation should be.

Even as I ask those questions, a sense of calm washes over me, telling me the answer.

Sam is met by silence for several long moments before the blocky utilitarian left arm reaches up and pulls the helm off of the body, showing a plain rectangular head with a trio of lenses on one side for vision. The head is just as armored as the rest of the body, though as it slowly sits up, the robot turns its head from side to side, testing the motion and the capabilities. After another moment she stands fully and turns her gaze down to Sam. "I am 0-5-4-9-2/TTN of the DinoChrome Brigade, BOLO of the Line and Defender of Humanity. I am at your service." She says, making a fist with her right hand and slamming it to her chest right where her designation is with a loud crash.

Near a Waterfall

"Most humans who made such a comment would be executed quickly by their Commander. I, however, find that perhaps being out of earshot of others means I can speak."
    Sorrow admits. "You might be weird, but so am I. If I close my eyes, I can almost imagine you as merely a mutant." She teases before looking down at her booted feet. "Our toes give us balance. They seem insignificant and even I cannot imagine them as attractive features, but they are almost certainly useful."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2017-01-19 at 08:36 PM.