[Bathhouse]

Kitnick chuckles

Well... that concept doesn't really apply: we pretty much never wear more than one layer of clothing. And we tried to never go out into direct sunlight to begin with: that's a fast way to die no matter what clothing you might have.

I grew up in a little village on the edge of the biggest desert in the world: the hottest summer day I've seen here in Inside is like a mild Spring morning back home. We didn't go outside between just before noon and just before sunset for nearly half of the year.

[Sheep Moon]

Calicyra chuckles

Visible light carries too little energy to be truly useful. Upper-band infrared is more readily absorbed and converted to heat by organic matter: I use the visible light spectrum mostly for show. The ultraviolet bands and beyond which would actually damage her eyesight is generally pointless against undead: they do not employ the cellular mechanisms or depend upon genetic material that those energies would disrupt.

Krystal grumbles, still blinking at the spots

It still sucks

Up the stairs! Lots of stairs, 'round and 'round, around a solid central column. Standard strange wizard construction that sacrifices a good deal of material for no immediately useful purpose other than elevation.

Outside, Anraja nods

Oh yes, quite unintelligent: only just barely able to gather the resources we need them to collect. But they are inexpensive, durable, and low-maintenance, and their lack of intelligence makes them easy to control... Zerglings, for instance, would be able to reduce a crystal deposit to rubble faster, but they would rapidly become bored and wander off - and the would never bring the mined materials back to the hive cluster.

[Morning Services]

(( The Vulpans can hear frequencies quite a lot higher than humans: 50 - 55 kHz (humans top out at around 23 kHz), but for lower frequencies they do not hear nearly as well, "bottoming out" at around 120 Hz. The humming will be inaudible to them. ))

Caroline looks up with a bright smile, her ears perking up

Greetings, neighbor: the blessings of Inari be upon you. What can we do for you today?