Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoc View Post
I've got to strongly disagree with this episode being meh. It's my favorite of the season so far.
Spoiler: volume 4 chapter 10
Show
I'm a sucker for character development/backstory in general so the Ren plot was a major win in my book. Insight on what a Grimm attack is like for non-hunters is also welcome. I thought that Ruby and Jaunne's conversation was well done but really could have happened, much, much earlier in the volume. Really my only problem was the introductory scene with nu-Ozpin and that's just because his plot is moving at a glacial pace.
Laughs, let me respond to you Ronnoc

Spoiler: Volume 4 Chapter 10
Show

I am all for character development and backstory but I was unimpressed. I feel I could write a better version of the same effective backstory and I am a horrible writter (that said La Zodiac likes my ideas sometimes, but I am no great writer )

But on the subject of backstories and moving the drama forward. While watching this episode with Ozpin and Oscar I was reminded of a scene where in the 12th episode of Vol 3, Ozpin is about to do the essence transfer from Amber to Pyrrha Nikos. Well during the transfer he purposefully stated that he needs to hear her say that she wants this even though time is short. Even though Ozpin did not know Cinder was right behind him (damn you Jon, you had one job, to yell if someone comes and to waste time so Ozpin is not surprised), there was still a massive Grimn attack and the robot knights were killing civilians.

So Ozpin wasted time saying are you sure about this? He did so for he likely ... perhaps ... has been in a similar situation with him or another person sharing the same body like he is now dealing with Oscar. Ozpin may be comfortable about those past experiences, but he would probably like to give a person a choice, and not be in this situation like he is now with Oscar.

So yeah I liked one scene in this episode, and it was the exact opposite of the scene you liked Ronnoc