1. - Top - End - #73
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Crusader Kings II Thread IV: Time to Create a New Title

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Is this a claim that his successor would inherit? I'm a little fuzzy on how claim inheritance works under an elective system (assuming the HRE is elective; I'm pretty sure it normally is) but if the heir's not his son, a well-placed murder could get the whole war annulled on a basis of "CB no longer valid".

Other than that, unless you have a spare relative you could marry off for another alliance or your pre-existing marriage with Castille makes you eligible for another Jimena alliance with one of the other Spanish kingdoms, the only thing I can think of is optimising the terrain and commanders and hoping the HRE doesn't have enough ships to get all their men across at once.
    My last 2 kings have died in battle after having 1 son, so I have no close relatives. And I think that Jimena no longer controls any of the Spanish kingdoms. Barcelona took Aragon, and I matri-married the heir a couple generations ago. Navarra is huge, having taken most of Portugal, though Portugal is still a Muslim nation. I think my kinsfolk also have Denmark, but they are a 3rd cousin or something. I would have preferred France to Byzantine, but the French have 0 daughters, only sons.

The war is for a weak claim, so I might be able to murder my way out of it. Wait, I am a 6 year old. I cannot murder anyone. Another of my kings-with horrible-life-expectancy got invaded by Scotland and England at the same time. England was pushing my aunt's claim on Wales and I couldn't kill her to end the war. Scotland was pushing a de-jure claim on a county. Somehow this all ended up with Wales being Gavelkind and Ireland being Primogeniture.

Of course, when I took the county back from Scotland (because the Duchy is still my vassal), they marched their 8K army into my 9K army at Ulster and got beaten soundly. Then I forgot that attackers can only get 75% war-score from battles and chased their army around instead of speed siegeing the war target. Then my 4000 man army thrashed their 5000 man army a couple times, so GO ARCHERS!

Speaking of, how do the various special buildings add up? Is it per unit? Or per county? Or per character? If I hire an archer heavy mercenary company, do they get the benefit of my Longbow Ground 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Wales and Ireland? Sounds like the AI is about to attempt a Naval InvasionTM. Just try to intercept them before they drop troops, so the enemy stack is facing the "landing into combat" malus.
    If they drop stacks in the 1 - 5K range, I can defeat them in short order. What I am worried about is a 10K doomstack. I know that a couple generations ago the HRE had a fleet of 180 ships floating around which dropped a 16K stack on some of my rebels. I am mostly waiting to hire mercenaries until when I actually need them. If HRE gets another war on their radar, I might be able to just let the "Someone controls the war target" thing tick up until I have 100% and can force a surrender.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2017-01-23 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.