[Wizard's Tower]

The shatter is effective: taking the skeleton's right arm entirely away with a good number of ribs on the left side. The skeleton...

doesn't seem to notice, and leaps at Nai with no further aim than to touch!

Calicyra indeed has no life energy any longer: thrice ten thousand years have passed since he walked as a living mortal. Nevertheless, he is not pleased with the current events

Oi! You oaf! You dodge like an elementary schoolgirl! The head: aim for the head! I have more frequencies available than I have used so far: I control ALL LIGHT!

Krystal's spell is shattered by the noise and she clamps her hands to her ears and hunkers down on the ground.

Outside, Anraja looks up

What a peculiar sound... I do wonder what goes on inside. Perhaps it is time to spawn a larva to extend our sensory range?

[Bathhouse]

Kitnick licks his lips

That sounds really good! And I know what you mean: at our main welcome dinner, I got two pieces of rice with a tiny scrap of some weird meat on top.

Kitnick sadly doesn't realize that exquisite welcome sushi was fatty toro, worth a bit over what he is paid each month... per piece.

[Morning Service]

Caroline nods

Yes, that is quite familiar. I came from the world of

and if you haven't gone to YouTube and heard what a fox sounds like, then you can't imagine what the name is. But take a happy and comfortable fox's squeaks, and overlay them with Antares AutoTune as if someone was trying to make it sound like speech, and you'd have a good notion.

But the wood-elves lived to the south of us, and a fair number of our relatives use their language.

so clearly there was something in the mix that seemed familiar

[Sanctuary]

Caroline is still here. Somewhat despondent at the failure of all of her plans, but resolute that she would not let either the people of the Nexus nor her Goddess down

Greetings, neighbor: the blessings of Inari be upon you. What can we do for you today?