In the bar, the man opposite Fen gets another clobbering of her staff. Already stunned, his eyes cross, and he tumbles to the ground.

Beside Fen, Hector steps in, levels his giant shotgun at the nearest foe, and lets rip. It's called Meat Hammer for a reason. There is a wet, ripping sound - well, it's there but no one hears it over the thunderous roar of the shotgun - and the ganger is physically torn to shreds and spread out in a fan-like area of gore and scattered splinters of bone.

Winning is good, but win-by-meat-hammer makes you somewhat queasy to the stomach.

In the bedroom, Jashugan aims true at the forehead of an enemy. It punches through his face, taking his life and his brains with it as it exits the other side, showering his comrade with blood.

Said comrade has only the briefest of moments to lament the falling of his friend and the blood on his face - possibly ruining both his outfit and his mood - before Chani's spear punches through his chest (definitely putting the final nail in both mood and outfit - and ganger too, for what it's worth).

The final moments of the fight are exceedingly gory. As silence falls, and the survivors eye each other - Hello? Friend or foe? - a nervous voice sounds from behind the bar.

Um, hi? My only ambition right now is to ... not die. Is there a way we can work towards that? I'll ... tell you everything I know? Will that be enough?

Please don't kill me.