Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
Connie is not a gem. She can fuse with Steven because he is part human and that makes biology react weird. She cannot fuse with Peridot.
Quote Originally Posted by ellindsey View Post
Connie can't directly fuse with Peridot, or any other gem, due to humans and gems not being able to directly fuse with each other.
So, what you're saying is that I need to be clearer about when I'm joking. I'll try; sorry about the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ellindsey View Post
However, it might be possible for Steven to mediate a three-way fusion, fusing with Connie to make Stevonnie and then fusing that with one of the other gems. Don't know if they'll ever do this, but it should theoretically be possible.
Thematically, it feels like they eventually almost have to(for reals). Steven is a bridge between humanity and gemkind, and a human-Steven-gem fusion is the obvious symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
I'm pretty sure even Peridot didn't appear in Steven's Birthday. Connie might not have met either of the two barn gems.
She appears, but has no lines. Amethyst asks if she wants to participate; Peridot just walks away.